A pilot scheme on this subject last year by the University of Kent identified many hundreds of plays produced during WW1. The next stage is to trace the playwrights, research the performance histories across the country and delve into the individual theatres etc.
The U3A having a defined role in this research – in the form of a shared learning project.
This research will probably be of particular interest to our drama and history groups, but any member may apply.
Click for the flyer and a general application form. It would be helpful if potential volunteers could state that they are U3A members on the form.
For guidance on using the website see the HELP label in the black menu bar under the long photo of Alexandra Palace at the top of the page.
Usually on the second Monday of the month. They start with an informal gathering over tea and coffee, served from 10.00 am. The main meeting is a talk by a distinguished expert in their area.
Non members are welcome to come to these meetings, to find out more about us.
For full details click here.
Term Dates & Publication Dates/DeadlinesFor details click here:
- Summer School 2018
- Winter Programme 2018
- Members Festive Lunch
- Away Days in January and February
- Spring Tour 2018 Plans
- Far Away Day to Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market
- New Shared Learning Project – Smithfield and its residents in the year of the Great Plague 1665
- New Shared Learning Project – 17th Century History
- Away Day trip to Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising
- The Northern Line – September 2017
- Open Day – 4 September 2017
- Oberammergau 2020